CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Sister Jose Women Center’s mission is dedicated to the care and nurture of homeless women in a welcoming and safe environment.
Founded in 2009, named after Sr. Jose Hobday OSF, Native-American Franciscan Sister, the Center currently serves over 1,400 women per year in our day and night programs. For many women experiencing homelessness, SJWC is their only safe haven and first step to recovery from homelessness. Our low-barrier day center provides unaccompanied homeless women with a stable and safe environment to recuperate from the daily struggle of homelessness and extreme poverty. SJWC is a community built upon values of compassion, dignity, and respect in a noninstitutionalized setting. For many of our guests – we are home.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will bring their passion for the Sister Jose Women’s Center’s mission of assisting homeless women’s progress toward self-sufficiency. This candidate will be credible, competent, compassionate, able to a build a working team internally and be a strong voice to the community externally. Must be able to both lead and manage bringing technical competence, strategic vision to the operations of the organization. A track record of leading a similar aligned organization would be a tremendous plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure all departments operating within budget and efficiently.
- Maintain an organization setting that is safe, clean, friendship, hospitality and reflects the spirit of God’s love for all guests.
- Work with Director of Volunteers to ensure volunteers are trained in accordance with SJWC policies and share a like vision for the women we serve.
- Oversee all service companies, repairs, and maintenance schedule of facility.
- Institute and update documented quality control systems for the organization.
- Work with the CEO and Program Director to ensure all the organization’s operations and program services are conducted in compliance with contractual and regulatory agreements.
BOARD SUPPORT AND LEADERSHIP
- Keep the CEO and Board informed of events, planning process and financial status.
- Bring all appropriate issues and policy decisions to the CEO and Board in a timely manner so that they are addressed and resolved.
- Coordinate the strategic planning process with CEO and appropriate Staff and Board.
FUND DEVELOPMENT, FISCAL CONTROL AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the integrity of SJWC to include working with the CEO, Staff and Finance Committee to prepare and monitor budgets and reports which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Oversee planning and implementation of fundraising activities, working with Development Director and Board Event Committees.
- Work with the CEO to ensure the organization has a visible and effective public image by use of social media, WEB, speaking engagements before clubs, religious and civic organizations, and presence at appropriate public functions.
- Continue to maintain relationships with key individuals in local government, other nonprofit agencies, funders, and the business sector.
- Serve as an organization’s spokesperson along with the CEO and Board President.
- Oversee all publications, collateral materials.
- Work with the CEO and Program Director’s implementation, and monitoring of effective programs services and fulfill SJWC mission.
- Assure that ongoing evaluating of programs services are conducted so the SJWC is complying of contract/grant agreements and client needs are best served by SJWC resources.
- Provide management and direction for all staff and volunteers of the SJWC so that the organizations and mission goals are achieved.
- Ensure that personnel practices and procedure conform to legal and SJWC policies.
- Assist the CEO in hiring and retention of all staff.
- Passion for the mission of Sister Jose Women’s Center.
- Post-Secondary degree from any accredited college or university.
- 4-7 years leadership/management experience in operations, budgeting, strategic planning, and development.
- Proven ability to build and maintain motivated and diverse staff teams.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, ability to network.
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, familiar with database software and social media platforms.
- Familiarity, and capacity to work within the context of diverse populations and community groups.
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work some nights, weekends, holidays, if needed.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid Arizona Drivers License and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry 20lb; tasks not limited to sitting, standing, and walking.
Reports To: CEO
Base SALARY: $60-65,000 with benefits and incentives
Full-Time Position, Exempt (M-F)
Location: Tucson, Arizona
To apply for this position, submit resume, cover letter to include why Sister Jose Women’s Center’s Spirituality, Vision, Mission and Values are important to you, to:
SJWC Search Chair
Please no phone calls.
Position open until filled.
Sister Jose Women’s Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
All COVID-19 PROTECALL FOR GUESTS, VOLUNTEERS, STAFF AND VISITORS ARE BEING FOLLOWED.
Sister José Women’s Center
To Donate by Mail:
Donations and other professional correspondence should be sent to:
P.O. Box 1028
Tucson, AZ 85702
For Guests, send mail to:
1050 S Park Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
(Donations sent to our street address may be returned to sender)
Copyright © Sister José Women’s Center. All Rights Reserved.