On behalf of the volunteers, staff and Board of Directors of Sr. José Women’s Center, thank you very much for your generous donation! Your generosity will have a transformative impact on the lives of the women we serve.
At Sr. José Women’s Center, it is our mission to ensure the safety and dignity of homeless women throughout Tucson. The scope of that work is wide, but with the support of compassionate community members like you, we are able to provide over 13,000 safe overnights per year, 2000 day visits per month, and services including creative expression classes and job training.
We’re just getting started. Thank you for taking on this vital and rewarding work with us!
Volunteer With Us!
Bring your compassion to Sister Jose Women’s Center and impact the quality of lives of our treasured Guests in practical and meaningful ways. Some of the compassionate activities you will be providing, both small and profound, include:
- Cooking and serving warm, nutritious meals in our gathering room
- Assisting our Guests in selecting free, seasonal, and appropriate clothing from our shop
- Helping our Guests achieve independent personal care through free personal care items, cleaning their clothes, and daily hot showers
- Sorting community donations to select items our guests need to be well-fed, warm, clean, and comfortable
- Helping provide a safe, clean, comfortable sleep for our Guests in the overnight program
- Ensuring our Guests feel seen, recognized, valued and respected through compassionate interaction with them
- Building a safe space for our Guests to experience safety, protection, and dignity off the street
At this time, we are committed to protecting our Overnight Guests from exposure to COVID-19. We have cancelled our Volunteer Orientations until it is safe to hold them again. Until then, individuals interested in volunteering may contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Laura Lynn, at email@example.com for more information.
Steps to Become a Volunteer
To Donate by Mail
Donations and other professional correspondence should be sent to:
P.O. Box 1028, Tucson, AZ 85702
To send mail to a guest, please use our street address:
1050 S Park Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719
Tax ID: 46-1290517
AZ Qualifying Charitable Organization: 20826
SECC Agency Code: ST1579
Subscribe to Receive Updates
Sister José Women’s Center will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
Copyright © Sister José Women’s Center. All Rights Reserved.